FXclay Ultra Fine Modeling Clay
FXclay kits include:
FXclay 1/4 lb
FXclay 1 lb
FXclay 2.2 lb (1,000g) kit
FXclay Product Photo Gallery
Use FXclay to:
- Create Original Sculptures
- Customize Action Figures & Model Horses
- Build Models from Armatures
- Fill into many different kinds of molds
- Repair & Restore Dolls
- Fix Ceramic & Porcelain Figurines
- Taxidermy and Antler Repair
- Create Complex Dioramas
- Doll Customization and Repair
- Create Jewelry
- Create Rapid Prototypes
- Filling Gaps
Who should use FXclay?
FXclay is a professional ultra fine detail modeling clay intended for use by industrial and commercial users and artists, which means it is not for children. Commercial FX Artists, Sculptors,Modelers and Taxidermists will appreciate the many attributes designed into FXclay:
- Very economical considering it is a high performance sculpting clay
- Incredible dynamic range during working time – from very soft to firm
- No shrinkage, high strength and waterproof
- Self-hardening. Simply mix equal parts by volume to use FXclay
- Very easy to knead, even if you have carpal tunnel syndrome
- Working time is 1 hour depending on room temperature, 24 hour cure
- Stays soft in the containers for years
- Will not delaminate from itself or other resin like polyurethanes
- Does not flake, chip, crack or peel. Very useful when using rotary tools.
- Easy clean-up with Smoothing Solution
- Add dry pigment powder for other colors
- Can be painted with acrylic, enamel, oil, pastels
- Able to build upon itself in layers without a seamline
- Viscosity is just right to reduce drooping during the working time
- Holds fine details during cure, won’t flow
- Very Adhesive after initial mixing
- Bonds to most plastics including Vinyl
- Cured hardness is that of most polyurethane resins
- Extended shelf life. Stays soft in containers even at -20 F.
- Freeze/Thaw stable.
Question: A common question we get is “Can FXclay be used in place of Magic Sculpt, Free Form® or Apoxie® Sculpt & Clay?”
Answer: Yes, while the formulations of these competitive products differ, they can generally be interchanged with FXclay.
Free Form is a registered trademark of Smooth-On, Inc. Apoxie is a registered trademark of David G Brummel. FXclay is formulated by Unbridled LLC and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Smooth-On, Inc. or Aves Studio LLC.
FXclay™ is a trademark of Unbridled, LLC.
There are no reviews yet.