New FXclay™ a Non-Sag, Non-Sticky, Tighter Detail Formula!
FXclay is a non-sag, non-droop, and non-sticky modeling clay developed by a professional equine sculptor to capture and hold ultra fine details in addition to standing up to the challenges faced by sculpting horses from life. Micron size particles are the key to FXclay's ability to capture tighter details while sculpting. Since FXclay cures to a very strong shore hardness of 80D, larger pieces can be sculpted. FXclay has an average working time of 2.5 hours. It tools and sands to a glass smooth finish and can be buffed to a satin sheen. FXclay is the ideal medium for modelers and customizers because of its amazing ability to adhere to almost any surface, especially plastics. The cured color is a gray. Designed to be the cleanest, most stable and consistent synthetic clays on the market!
FXclay is a professional ultra fine modeling clay intended for use by industrial and commercial users and artists, which means it is not for children. Commercial FX Artists, Sculptors,Modelers and Taxidermists will appreciate the non-sag, non-droop attributes. Here are additional features:
- FXclay is a 2-part product. Parts A & B must be mixed
- Self-hardening. Simply mix equal parts by volume to use
- Very economical high performance sculpting clay
- No shrinkage, high strength and waterproof
- Very easy to knead, even if you have carpal tunnel syndrome. Make it softer by microwaving for 15 seconds before mixing.
- Working time is 2.5 hours depending on room temperature, 24 hour cure. Mix only what you can use in 2.5 hours at a time
- Stays soft in the containers for years
- Will not delaminate from itself or other resin like polyurethanes
- Does not flake, chip, crack or peel. Useful with rotary tools.
- Can be painted with acrylic, enamel, oil, pastels
- Able to build upon itself in layers without a seamline
- Viscosity is just right to reduce drooping and capture detail
- Holds fine details during cure, won't flow
- Very adhesive after initial mix, a must when doing repairs
- Bonds to most plastics including vinyl.
- Cured hardness is that of most polyurethane resins
- Extended shelf life.
- Freeze/Thaw stable and Waterproof
- Easy clean-up with Amazing Smoothing Solution